Sunday, June 8, 2008

on my own

After painting "Lauren's Lamp" I realized I liked painting on a colored background, so I tried painting out of my head! Not much there, as you can see! Did the magenta background first and then just this explosion of color.

My god son said, "Ms Hattigrace, it looks like a cross between a tree and fireworks. Why don't you call it "Fire Tree"? Works for me!

Yesterday, we all went to god-daughters first ballet recital. She dances at a wonderful Christian Performing Arts school. From a photo her brother took of her onstage dancing, I am beginning "In His Steps".
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gardenia said...

You are being prolific - I love Fire Tree too - your work is taking on a definite "you" look - I am thinking you are talented most at scenes.....my favorites I realized are the bridge, the sunset, the clock, the loose ones.........